If you are looking for a way to add more life to your outdoor space, then you are in the right place. I’m sure that we all have heard about area rugs. Let’s check how you can use them to show your creativity and make your house look even prettier than before.
Table of Contents
- How to Use Outdoor Area Rugs:
- Innovative Tips for Making Your Outdoors Pretty using Carpets:
- Outdoor carpet and rugs cleaning tips:
- Tips for Maintaining Outdoor Carpets
- Final words:
How to Use Outdoor Area Rugs:
Carpets are one of the greatest ways to decorate and define the different home areas of the house. We all use indoor mats especially the anti-slip mats inside the house. But you can make a great use out of our outdoor Carpets by using them to decorate the patio of the house. Let’s see how you can do this and make your space look even more elegant.
Innovative Tips for Making Your Outdoors Pretty using Carpets:
Make the outdoor look creative:
Decorating the outdoor space can make a big difference in the all over appearance of your house. Add outdoor area rugs to add a new look to your outdoor space. You can choose any design that will go well with your patio furniture. You can also decide a theme for your outdoor space and select the rugs according to that. This way you can flourish your creativity as well.
Make the outdoor sitting more comfortable:
Sitting with the family members in the afternoon with cups of coffee at the patio can be the best way to spend the leisure time. Now the floor of the patio is not that smooth to the feet. But you can add smoothness to your patio by using area rugs. Just go for rugs with a soft texture to comfort your feet and make the patio look even prettier.
Define your area:
You can use the area rugs as to level the different part of your patio according to the use. Like you can define the kids’ play area with some fancy looking rugs, on the other side use some soft and calming design for the sitting part of the patio. Just maintain the coordination of the color to make the whole thing come together.
Outdoor carpet and rugs cleaning tips:
Use a vacuum cleaner:
This one is the easiest way to clean your outdoor area rugs at home. You need to set the vacuum at the right height and attach the right attachment with the vacuum. Keep going over the rugs with the right speed. You may need to test which attachment and speed work best for your rugs by doing several trials beforehand.
Make a schedule to clean your rugs. Vacuum the carpets at least once a week. Do the vacuum on both sides.
Using rug shampoo:
- First, take out the rugs and keep them hanging under the sun for 1-2 hours. Then use a stick to beat off some loose dirt from them.
- Shop for a good rug shampoo. Make a solution of shampoo and water and pour it in the bathtub. You must make the solution homogeneous. Make sure your bathtub is big enough to soak the mat. Or you can do the cleaning in sections.
- Make sure you only use cold or normal water during the cleaning. Don’t use hot water.
- Now soak the mat in the tub for 3-4 hours and then get it out to scrub. Use any scrub brush to clean the mold and dirt. Soak it in clean water after you are done. You can also splash water to completely remove any solution.
- Now air dries the mat. You can keep the mat out in the sun for drying but don’t use any heater to do so.
- If your area mat is small enough, then you can also wash it in your washing machine
- After drying do one last vacuum to finish the cleaning off properly.
If you don’t want to do the leaning at home and prefer more professional cleaning, then you can always ask for professional help.
Tips for Maintaining Outdoor Carpets
1. Consider the rug material:
How you are going to take care of the rug depends on the rug material. Different material needs a different type of treatment. You can look up in the description that came along with the rug for the maintenance details about the rug material.
2. Use a rug pad:
Rug pads are a great way to make the area rug look like a new one. This will also aid to elongate the life of the rugs.
3. be cautious of the Cleaning products:
Choose the right product for cleaning. Following the right techniques will keep the mat in good condition for longer.
4. Prevent the Damage:
Try to tackle the damage at the moment. Don’t keep it to do for later.
Adding the area carpets to the outdoor space is a great way to add elegance to your house. You can do this just by selecting the right rug for your space according to the design and furniture of the patio.
But don’t forget to take a good care of your outdoor rugs to get the most out of them.