Best Offset Smokers Of 2019 – Keep Your Food Tasty & Flavorous!
General smoker can prepare food or meat in a smoky condition using indirect heat at a lower temperature. With an offset smoker, you will get one cooking chamber and an attached firebox.
Because of its healthy as well as tasteful cooking, offset smokers have gained a decent popularity among people these days. The main advantage lies with the low fuel consumption and large heating surface. You can also have a grilling function with one of these.
Among various smokers in the market, you may find it difficult and confusing to choose a suitable one. Most often customers receive smokers that are not worth buying. With a good offset smoker, you can get the perfect smoke flavor.
Therefore, we are here with offset smoker reviews you should check out. I mean, who does not want the best offset smokers right? Choosing the best unit as per your necessity among the mentioned 8 will give you a professional taste of smokehouse.
Table of Contents
- Comparison on 8 Best Offset Smokers in 2019
- 8 Best Offset Smokers in 2019
- 1. Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker
- 2. Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Charcoal Offset Smoker
- 3. Char-Broil Offset Smoker
- 4. Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro 830 Square Inch Charcoal Grill
- 5. Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker
- 6. Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill with Offset Smoker
- 7. Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill Offset Smoker (Grill + Cover)
- 8. Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal/LP Gas/Smoker Combo
- Best Offset Smokers Buying Guide
- How to Use an Offset Smoker
- How to Clean & Maintain an Offset Smoker
Comparison on 8 Best Offset Smokers in 2019
Smaller Backyard Grilling
Outdoor Smoking & Grilling
Smaller Backyard Smoking
Smaller Backyard Grilling
Moderate Outdoor Smoking & Grilling
8 Best Offset Smokers in 2019
With a moderately sized cooking surface, the char broil offset smoker 430 can deliver you a perfect smoked meat. To offer a tasteful gourmet, there comes a lid-mounted temperature gauge with simple reading. It helps to track the preheating status and also enables you to monitor the internal temperature.
The heavy-duty smoker provides a suitable cooking space of 290 in2 in the main chamber. Not to mention, you can prepare sufficient amount of food for a decent sized party in the backyard.
At the firebox chamber, you will get another 140 in2 surface for cooking. Therefore, you can go for further cooking using this one. Apart from that, porcelain coating makes the grates quite sturdy and rust-resisting.
The welded chamber keeps the smoke inside to deliver the most flavored meat. Through the included adjustable chimney vent at the top, you can even control the inside smoke to take care of the heating.
Along with this offset smoker, you will receive sufficient features for a perfect cooking. Regarding functionalities and durable serviceability, this one is indeed a good option to consider. Also, after considering many char broil offset smoker reviews it can be said that this can be considered as one of the best offset smokers under 1000 bucks.
- angle-double-rightSteel body with square legs for enhanced durability and sturdiness
- angle-double-rightConvenient firebox door design to clean off the leftover ash with ease
- angle-double-rightAttached cool touch handle and bottom wheel for easy mobility
- angle-double-rightStorage rack for using extra charcoal for cooking on the side-shelf
- angle-double-rightEfficient regulation of smoke with the smokestack having an adjustable damper
- angle-double-rightFor wooden charcoal, the pieces must be small in size
- angle-double-rightThis smoker doesn’t connect to the grill
The vertical design of the smoke rack enables a rather easy management for this ergonomic one. With a perfect savory and smoked meat, you will enjoy the next level of offset smoking for your outdoor cooking.
Through its vast cooking space, you can make meat for the entire army. In fact, you will get a total cooking surface of 1176 in2. With each grate capacity of 25 pounds at a time, this is one large smoker for a big party.
There are 6 smoking racks of high-strength steel which requires simple placement. Having a suitable shape, you can slide the racks in the smoker to get an easy access to the coals.
The charcoal chamber is of high-quality steel construction containing porcelain enamel. Its superior design keeps the briquettes quite tight and stacked. Thus it encourages the burning efficiency of the smoker.
You can get the taste of professional smokehouse in the house using this great offset smoker. Along with its custom cooking facilities, you can have a delicacy regarding a distinct flavor for ribs, chicken, and steaks. Also, it is not that expensive as well. It is one of the best budget offset smokers to choose up.
- angle-double-rightElectronic pulse system delivers reliable as well as quick ignition
- angle-double-rightCan smoke up to 100 pounds of meat at a time without direct heating
- angle-double-rightGreater cooking efficiency with 6 height adjustable porcelain grates
- angle-double-rightDual door system minimizes smoke loss during wood chip addition
- angle-double-rightPowder coated finishing ensures long-lasting durability for the steel
- angle-double-rightThe thin body provides little insulation of heat
- angle-double-rightBuilt-in thermometer may not give accurate temperature
Along with its conventional smoking chamber, you can have almost everything to go for a big BBQ. Through suitable design and quality construction, this is indeed a reliable one with long-lasting serviceability and also is one of the best reverse flow offset smokers.
There comes sufficient cooking surface measuring 605 in2 with this versatile smoker. The main compartment is large enough to hold 24 burgers with its 30 inches of width and 20 inches of depth.
The grates are of porcelain which induces better burning and heat transmitting efficiency. Apart from that, the porcelain coating encourages easy cleaning facility and durability being rust resistant.
Featuring side as well as bottom shelf, this one allows you to have a greater storage. Also, there are 2 wheels of 8” diameter for smooth mobility. They enable you to move the smoker around the deck with ease.
The overall combination represents a rather user-friendly smoker for you to return to the smoking basics. Being suitable as offset smoker and a charcoal grill, this helps you to achieve your desired smoked flavor.
- angle-double-rightEasy to read gauge allows inside temperature monitoring for the grill
- angle-double-right3 included grates enable the smoker to pull dual functions when necessary
- angle-double-rightHeavy-duty steel frame offers durability and withstands prolonged heating
- angle-double-rightAn accessible firebox door encourages easy ash removal after smoking
- angle-double-rightSmoking chambers maintain uniform temperature decreasing air draft
- angle-double-rightBent smokestack can’t be fully attached to the frame
- angle-double-rightBottom paint may start to peel after some usage
Providing a huge cooking space, this offset smoker can be a considerable option to choose for a big party. Of course, the innovative and stylish design can meet the high demand for a BBQ smoker machine and mark its place as one of the best offset smokers grill.
You will receive 830 in2 cooking surface along with 580 in2 of primary cooking space. Therefore, you can make lots of smoked food with this one. Again, space allows greater searing to the food.
The frame is of sturdy steel which delivers higher temperature tolerance. Along with suitable coating, it can give a satisfactory service for quite a long time. With non-sticking cast iron construction, the grill also provides sufficient durability.
Through adjustable grate and included gauge, you can control the inside temperature with ease. A firebox of 250 in2 sizes ensures a greater storage facility having a dual bottom.
Solid frame materials and larger smoking surface put this unit quite ahead of comparable models available. With the independent firebox, you can have the best smoke flavor for your party.
- angle-double-rightAdjustment of the damper helps to control the heating better
- angle-double-rightQuick and effective disposal of ash through the dump ash pan
- angle-double-rightEasy addition of coals without the removal of the entire fire grate
- angle-double-rightMetallic construction having powder coating resists erosion and rust
- angle-double-rightAllows simultaneous smoking and grilling through the firebox
- angle-double-rightDifficult to move around with 2 wheels at 4 legs
- angle-double-rightAssembling the smoker is quite hard to do at first
Apart from a unique appearance, versatility and quality assurance meet along with this best offset smoker under 500. With this smoker, you will find more space to cook your meat than ever before for your family or a big party.
Speaking of the cooking space, this unit offers a total of 1382 in2 surface at a time. You will get a surface of 284 in2 for grilling as well. The ultimate result is a rather spacious smoking base for a large amount of food.
With 5 cooking grates, you can have plenty of areas to lay your food. Not to mention, all the grates have chrome plating. The durable plating provides uniform heat transmission and also, resistance to corrosion.
Through sturdy material frame, it delivers enduring service for a good number of people. There are 2 wheels of quality material at the bottom with a side handle. Thus, you can move the smoker to your backyard with ease.
Along with this identical smoker, you will receive a new horizon of outdoor cooking as many dyna glo vertical offset smoker reviews suggested. Therefore, this best vertical offset smoker and multifunctional tool would be a flexible option of cooking for you to enjoy.
- angle-double-rightTemperature gauge displays the inside temperature for effective offset smoker heat control
- angle-double-rightSausage hooks having chrome plating requires no space to make sausage
- angle-double-rightRemovable ash pan with proper depth allows prolonged cooking
- angle-double-rightThe handle requires a simple and effortless tug to work at anywhere
- angle-double-rightRemovable grates can accommodate larger pieces of poultry or meat
- angle-double-rightThe smoker can’t hold the heat much longer
- angle-double-rightDifficulty in firebox assembly due to bottom screws
Along with this one, you can have a perfect smoking for your family or some of your close friends. This smoker can fulfill all your requirements with its moderate and suitable cooking space to give a delicious meal.
There come 620 in2 of the total cooking surface which enables you to cook in sufficient quantity. Heavy-duty porcelain steel grates can maintain sufficient flow of heat and smoke heat transmission and outstanding heating.
With a seamless connection between the side smoker and the main chamber, it ensures quick heating as well as keep warming. The built-in thermostat enables you to monitor the temperature inside.
The front table and a bottom shelf contribute to the storage capacity to enhance the workability. There are 2 included wheels having a diameter of 6” at the bottom. Through them, you can carry the smoker wherever you want.
A perfect combination between an offset smoker, charcoal grill and BBQ results in an ergonomic combo to experience the ultimate taste. And if you want to have a professional standard smoked flavor, you should look into this one.
- angle-double-rightAn adjustable vent ensures smooth entrance and flowing of air
- angle-double-rightGreater storage facility with underneath as well as the front rack
- angle-double-rightTop lid ensures tight and increased sealing facility with groove design
- angle-double-right¼” diameter grates provide uniform heating and locking the juices
- angle-double-rightLifting handles to adjust the charcoal pan for temperature control
- angle-double-rightGrapes and Dinges may occur after some usage
- angle-double-rightAssembling the smoker may seem to be difficult
You can have a perfect smoking for your family or some of your close friends with this one. Having a moderate but suitable size, this smoker can fulfill all your requirements to give you the desired delicacy.
A total cooking surface of 620 in2 allows you to prepare your dish in sufficient quantity. Sturdy grates of porcelain steel provide superior heat transmission and maintain sufficient flow of heat and smoke.
The main chamber has a seamless connection with the side smoker. Thus it encourages quick heating and keeps warming. Not to mention, built-in thermometer helps you to maintain the proper temperature inside.
This offset smoker includes a front table along with a bottom shelf which contributes to the storage capacity. Through 2 wheels of 6” diameter at the bottom, you can move the assembly without any trouble.
Being an appropriate combination of offset smoker, charcoal grill, and BBQ, you will receive the ultimate smoking experience. If you want a moderately sized smoker, this would be a great option to consider.
- angle-double-rightGroove designed top lid provides a perfect sealing performance
- angle-double-rightSuitable air and smoke flowing facility through the adjustable vent
- angle-double-right180 in2 of swing away rack delivers secondary cooking surfaces
- angle-double-rightHeat controlling facility through adjustment of the charcoal pan
- angle-double-rightSpecially processed black paint to prevent paint chip occurrence
- angle-double-rightThe lid on the smoker may not stay down for long
- angle-double-rightSpring on the adjustable vent may come off quite soon
This versatile combo is a great tool for grilling and smoking at the same time. In fact, the three in one combo offers a perfect taste of smoked food with convenient cooking.
Through a total surface of 1060 in2, you will get a huge space for cooking for the entire army. Among them, 750 in2 area is the primary cooking surface. The rest 310 in2 comes with the firebox chamber.
Inside the grilling chamber, there are 3 gas burners. Not to mention, each burner is of 12000 BTU, 36000 BTU in total. With them, you will get sufficient but not excess burning for your meat.
Apart from that, there are several dampers across firebox and the grilling chamber. Making suitable adjustment of the dampers will allow you to control the heat and smoke as per your necessity.
The free-flowing smoke and heat inside the main chamber allow you to get the ultimate taste of the grill. To get a delicious and perfect smoked meat in a large amount, this one is quite suitable to choose as one of the best affordable offset smokers.
- angle-double-rightMetal shelf beneath the chamber allows storage for extra fuel and utensils
- angle-double-rightEasy stoking of fire through an accessible convenient door at the firebox
- angle-double-rightTwo different cooking chambers for proper grilling and smoking
- angle-double-rightElectronic ignition ensures quick but effective burning of the meat
- angle-double-rightSide gas burner provides further heating for the entire cooking space
- angle-double-rightNo stud or hook is available to hang the grilling utensils
- angle-double-rightThe wheels are not sturdy enough to carry the total weight
Best Offset Smokers Buying Guide
While buying a new smoker, you must consider certain things. Many smokers of different types and qualities are now available in the market. Choosing the best-suited one therefore is a time consuming and troublesome task. Knowing the specific factors, you can save your time and money as well. We believe these factors can help you find the best offset smoker for the money.
Cooking Area: Regarding the cooking space, it is quite straightforward, the larger the better. You should choose considering the size of your army.
Heat Production: It is indeed a complication and you may not get the best option to choose. But among various types, 4 sources are the most suitable. Charcoal, wood, electric or gas – you must decide before making the choice.
Construction: Quality construction is a prerequisite to have a good service life. At now, most of the quality products come with commercial steel construction. You should check out the grate and exterior coating as well.
Ventilation: For a perfect smoke flavor, suitable flowing of air and smoke inside the chamber is necessary. Therefore, you must check the ventilation system which encourages a smooth flow of air.
Thermometer or Gauge: In most cases, the thermometer or gauge can’t indicate the exact temperature. You need to ensure that the gauge provides accurate time. Otherwise, you may go for a replacement.
Throughout Seals: You have to check out the entire grill to make sure that no opening is there. With consistent as well as closed grill, the smoke can’t escape and you can have a decent smoking.
Storage: The storage capacity is important if you want to cook for quite a long time. Most of the quality smokers come with firebox which induces storage through its shape and assembly.
How to Use an Offset Smoker
If you are a beginner, then using an offset may seem difficult at first. Here is a simple and short but effective guideline on how to use an offset smoker.
Step 1: Preparing the Source of Heating
If you use wood or charcoal, then you can make 2 or 3 layers of briquettes. Some used charcoal and small wood pieces can provide extra smoking.
Step 2: Addition of Water Pan
At the middle of the smoker, place a foil pan filled with hot water. Use the water to control the inside temperature and also, to raise the moist.
Step 3: Setting the Temperature
Proper temperature is indeed important. You should set the temperature within 225°C – 250°C for the perfect cooking.
Step 4: Don’t Check in Between
This step hinders the cooking progress. If you try to check, the vapor will escape and fluctuates the temperature.
You can also follow the offset smoker minion method as it is quite easy as well.
How to Clean & Maintain an Offset Smoker
Before each smoking, you need to go for clean-ups. Once in six months or so, you should perform some maintenance tasks as well. If you don’t know how to clean offset smokers, then just follow these steps.
Cleaning the Chamber Interior: The reflected heat carbonized almost everything which results in scaling. If the coating starts to curl or crack, use a putty knife to scrap the scale.
Checking the Charcoal Grate: The coal grate is likely to warp and corrode. If it warps, don’t straighten it as it may get broken.
Complete Removal of Ash: Ashes can hold moisture and attack steel. After cooking, Take the ash pan out to dispose all the ashes and clean it thoroughly using water.
Maintaining the Exterior: To clean the exterior portion, don’t even try to use a metal brush or steel wool. In this case, you need to use scrubby sponges with water having dish soap.
After cleaning, it several times, you on your own will find out your best way to clean offset smokers.
We chose the best offset smokers considering the essential features along with the customer reviews. This is why you will find very few alternatives of those that can provide sufficient quality assurance. Although there are certain drawbacks for those, they are not good enough to hassle you with your cooking.
All the aforementioned 8 smokers are quite popular with their versatility and user-friendly service. We can assure you that choosing a suitable one among these 8 will take your outdoor cooking horizon to a whole new level. Hope our offset smoker guide helped you.