How far would you go to get yourself the best beach cart? Well, from a personal point of view, I would do pretty much anything to get the best possible deal for my money.
But here’s the thing:
It’s not always that easy to get the best beach cart and the truth is, you’ll have to do a lot of searching before you actually end up with an outstanding one which is where we come in.
By putting a lot of hours of research, we’ve managed to get 10 of the best that you could get in the market without breaking the bank. We’ll also be looking at a detailed guide on how to get started on shopping for one.
So, brace yourself and let’s get started…
Table of Contents
- Comparison on Best Beach Carts in 2019
- Best Beach Carts Reviews of 2019
- 1. Tommy Bahama All Terrain Beach Cart
- 2. Heavy Duty Wheeleez Beach Cart
- 3. Rio Brands WWWC5-4670 Wonder Wheeler Plus
- 4. Tommy Bahama All Terrain Beach Cart Includes Cargo Bag
- 5. Rio Beach Brands Deluxe Ultra Wonder Wheeler
- 6. Mac Sports Collapsible Folding All Terrain Utility Beach Wagon Cart
- 7. RIO Gear Wonder Wheeler Big Wheel Folding Beach Cart
- 8. Beach Cart with Folding Table / Drink Holders
- 9. Mac Sports Collapsible Folding All Terrain Utility Beach Wagon Cart
- 10. Seina SUW-100 Utility Wagon, Blue
- Major Considerations For The Best Beach Carts
- How to Assemble a Beach Cart
Comparison on Best Beach Carts in 2019
Considering it might be somewhat a hassle and time consuming to read through each and every product, compare the individual features before getting what you want, here’s a comparison chart of the best of the best in our review. Dive in and get what suits you best.
33 x 19.2 x 5 Inches
38 x 26 x 16 Inches
29.5 x 16.5 x 4.1 Inches
33 x 19.2 x 5 Inches
24 x 22 x 34 Inches
36.2 x 21.4 x 24.6 Inches
20 x 8 x 32 Inches
38 x 4 x 17 Inches
36.2 x 21.4 x 24.6 Inches
26 x 5.3 x 18.7 Inches
Best Beach Carts Reviews of 2019
Here are the top picks of the best beach carts for sand along with the most striking features about them. Let’s start off by taking a look at the Tommy Bahama All Terrain Beach Cart.
Ever dreamt of having a beach cart that you could take almost anywhere? Well, this one just so happens to be one of the best all terrain beach cats you could get for your money.
Now here’s something that I’m sure everyone’s looking for. Starting with the fabric on this bag, you’ll be getting a durable mesh fabric.
Other than the fact that it will be able to support quite a lot of weight, it Is able to dry up quickly and it also does come with a tough powdered coated steel frame. Carrying accessories will not be a problem at all.
For the ease of use, it’s amazingly easy to put together and have it in your car. As a matter of fact, it does fold flat for storage whereby it will measure only 27”x32”x10″ for the width, the length, and the depth respectively.
A lot of storage space
Being the main reason as to why you’re on this page, it is worth pointing out that the bag can be able to hold as much as 4 beach chairs. It also does have a water-resistant and insulated tote bag that is removable for carrying your snacks conveniently.
- angle-double-rightEasy assembly and storage
- angle-double-rightComes with ample storage space for utmost convenience
- angle-double-rightIt includes an easy to dry and durable mesh fabric
- angle-double-rightThe drag on the wheels may be a little too high
Looking for the best beach cart with big wheels? This might just be it. Let’s take a closer look at what it has in store for us, shall we?
Easy to use
Though it may seem too big, it’s definitely worth having especially if you’re looking to carry a lot of accessories at the beach.
With a carrying capacity of as much as 220 lbs, you’ll pretty much be able to have everything for a family’s day out at the beach.
Considering its wheels are quite large, it will definitely be amazingly easy to move on the beach without it getting stuck in the sand.
For the build quality, you’ll be getting a tub that is made out of high-density polyethylene. Its volume is 3.4 cubic feet by 12.5 inches in depth.
As for the frame, it is made of marine grade anodized aluminum with stainless steel hardware and in addition to all these, there is also a heavy-duty mesh beach bag included.
- angle-double-rightIncludes a heavy-duty mesh bag for ample storage space
- angle-double-rightLarge enough wheels for easy movement on the sandy beach
- angle-double-rightDesigned to harbor as much as 220 lbs
- angle-double-rightThe handle doesn’t stay locked in position all the time
Coming up third, we’ve got the WWWC5-4670 from Rio Brands. Does it really have what it takes to be worthy of our reviews? Let’s find out…
Folds flat for easy storage
Just as much as the best beach cart should be able to have a lot of storage space, it shouldn’t be a hassle for you to store away when need be.
Taking this into account, the WWWC5-4670 has been designed to only weigh 75 pounds and the best part about it is that you can actually fold it flat for easy storage.
It’s got a lot of storage space
Picking off from our previous point, besides just being able to easily store the beach cart, it does have a lot of storage space and options for you.
It will be able to accommodate as much as 4 beach chairs as well as a 32-quart cooler. There will also be room for your groceries, laundry, recyclables and much more.
Besides just having a lot of storage options, spun polyester is used in the design to offer utmost durability
- angle-double-rightIt’s got 8-inch-diameter wheels with wide treads for easy movement on the sand
- angle-double-rightDesigned to fold flat for easy storage
- angle-double-rightHas got a lot of storage options and a spun polyester construction
- angle-double-rightThe mesh bag is not designed to take too much weight. Be watchful of this.
Yet another one from Tommy Bahama is another beach cart that’s definitely the best beach cart with big wheels for all terrain.
100-pound carrying capacity
The more you can be able to carry, the better of a beach cart it is, right? Well, by being able to accommodate as much as 100 pounds, you’ll pretty much have all your accessories in it and leave room for a little more.
Still, at that, it does come with a reliable and convenient umbrella holder. You can use this comfortably just in case it gets too hot.
Extra large wheels for easy movement
As far as movement is concerned, one of the features that stand out most on this beach cart are the wheels.
Being extra-large, this one sure is one of the best beach cart for sand. Save yourself the hassle of tugging at it all the time to get it going.
A removable insulated cargo bag is included
Just in case you’d like to carry your food to the beach, there is an insulated cargo bag to help you do this.
It has a rust-resistant frame that will strongly support 4 chairs and a large cooler.
- angle-double-rightIncludes a removable insulated cargo bag for utmost reliability
- angle-double-rightComes with 100 lbs. carrying capacity
- angle-double-rightIt includes extra wide wheels for easy mobility
- angle-double-rightBeing made of plastic, the front wheels are not that strong for too much weight
Yet another one from the Rio beach brands is something meant for anyone who’s looking to pack really heavy.
Here’s what you should be getting from it:
Includes an insulated cooler bag and umbrella holder
At the side is an umbrella holder which will come in handy quite well when the sun is high up. Besides this, something else you should cherish on this beach cart is the insulated bag that it’s got. This qualifies it as being suitable to handle your foodstuffs.
To make it easy enough for you to use, there are 10″ pneumatic tires that have got rubber treads. This definitely qualifies it to stand among the best beach carts for sand use.
Worry not about the smell that’ll be dissipated after opening your package as it will fade away after some time.
Suitable for handling a heavy load
With a weight capacity of 100 lbs. it will pretty much be able to accommodate as much as 6 beach chairs and a 48 qt. cooler. There’s also a large mesh storage pouch and a utility tray as well
- angle-double-right10” pneumatic tires with rubber treads for easy movement
- angle-double-rightHas a utility tray with a cup, phone and tablet holder
- angle-double-rightAn outstanding 100 lbs. storage space for utmost convenience
- angle-double-rightAn outstanding performance except for the smell you get from the tires
If you’re looking for something that’s guaranteed to do some really hefty work, then this is just perfect for you.
A roomy interior
Let’s start off with the most striking feature on this beach cart. Boasting to be 36.2 x 21.4 x 24.6 inches in dimensions and being able to accommodate as much as 150 lbs. of load, it’s definitely what you need if you’re going to pack heavy.
Here’s the favorite part:
What makes it even more interesting is that you’ll be able to set it up in just a matter of seconds
For the build quality, it’s got a heavy-duty frame that supports heavyweight. There is also a durable poly fabric which just so happens to be one of the few you’ll get that is UV and mildew resistant.
As for cleaning, you’ll be able to get rid of the sand and dust from the beach in a jiffy.
Yet another feature that sets apart the best from the worst is the ease of transportation you’ll be having with the beach cart you get.
With this one, the handle is adjustable for easy movement in multiple surfaces and most importantly, the large wheels make it easy for you to haul hear even across the sand.
- angle-double-rightAn adjustable handle and large wheels for easy movement
- angle-double-rightLots of room and easy to put together when need be
- angle-double-rightDurable and easy to dry fabric
- angle-double-rightThe sides are soft hence you have to carefully load the cart
We’re past halfway on our reviews and we’re doing good so far. Coming up 6th is yet another outstanding beach cart from RIO. Let’s take a closer look at it.
Durable and easy to dry fabric
Starting with the build quality, you’ll be getting a nylon construction for the fabric. The best part about it is that it’s strong and lightweight.
Being rip and tear resistant, it’s pretty much enough to qualify this beach cart as one of the best of 2019. It also adopts the quick-dry technology.
Large rubber wheels for easy movement
For the movement, you’ll be getting 10-inch rubber wheels that make it easy to move across the sand as well as other rough terrains. Being rubber, it’s flexibility makes it less susceptible to damage.
Ample storage space
With this beach cart, you can have as much as 4 beach chairs, a 48 qt. cooler, a beach umbrella and a lot of other outdoor accessories.
It also includes a removable tote bag with a shoulder strap to give you ultimate flexibility.
- angle-double-rightCompact folding with a collapsible design for easy storage
- angle-double-rightFeatures large rubber tires for easy movement
- angle-double-rightMade of a durable, tear and rip resistant mesh fabric
- angle-double-rightThe front wheels are a little bit wobbly under heavy weight
Looking for something unique that’s also outstanding for a crowd, this one’s just the perfect one. Let’s have a closer look at what makes it unique, shall we
Foldable for easy storage.
Being one of the most important features on any beach cart, the fact that this one is foldable simply makes it worth every penny.
Its folded dimensions are 38x4x17 inches for the length, depth, and width respectively. You can also be able to take out the wheels which allow it to fold almost flat i.e. 10 x 10 inches for the width and depth respectively
You’ll be getting a powdered coated grey color steel tubing frame that is also rust resistant. As for the fabric, it is spun polyester and shouldn’t be difficult to clean at all.
Other than just being able to load up your belongings, you can convert it into a beach table that’s also got cup holders. It will also be able to accommodate an umbrella and 4 chairs as well as other beach accessories.
- angle-double-rightUtmost versatility- converts to a beach table and handles a heavy load
- angle-double-rightA durable steel tubing frame to handle heavy weight conveniently
- angle-double-rightRemovable wheels to make folding it up easy
- angle-double-rightIt’s not that perfect in loose deep sand
Coming up second last is yet another beach cart that will handle a lot of weight. Get to lighten your load and have the best time at the beach.
Large load capacity
Starting off with the most striking feature on this beach cart, you’ll be having almost 36.2″ x 21.4″ x 24.6″ as soon as you have it open.
The interesting part about it is that it basically opens up in a matter of seconds. As for the frame, it is designed to support as much as 150 pounds. Considering that the fabric is 600 Denier, it’s definitely a good enough beach cart if you’re looking for something that will last a while.
Convenient and compact storage
When it comes to the storage, you’ll pretty much be able to fold it up to approximately 31.5″ x 21.4″ x 9.7″ and since it comes with a carrying case, it shouldn’t be hard to transport it at all.
With the large wheels and an adjustable handle, it will easily move over the sand. This basically makes it worth every penny
- angle-double-rightLarge carrying capacity for convenient storage
- angle-double-rightLarge wheels and adjustable handle for easy movement
- angle-double-rightIt’s got compact storage and a carry bag for easy storage
- angle-double-rightIt’s a little difficult to push it on loose sand
Yet another beach wagon with ample space is the Seina Collapsible Folding Utility Wagon. But is there more to it than just a large carrying capacity, let’s find out, shall we?
No assembly needed
Measuring 32.66″ x 19.67″ x 20.07″ when open, 29.50″ x 19.67″ x 6.89″ when folded and demanding no assembly from you at all, it just might be the missing piece to you having a good time at the beach. All you’ll have to do is simply unfold it and you’re good to go.
Durable 600D polyester fabric and durable steel frame
For the build quality, it’s a 600D polyester fabric which will definitely support a recommended maximum of 150lbs.
For the frame, you’ll be getting a sturdy black powder coated steel frame that’s definitely going to support the weigh you load up in it perfectly
All terrain 7” rubber wheels
For the movement, the 7″ all-terrain rubber wheels won’t let you down on the sandy beach
- angle-double-right600D polyester construction for the best performance
- angle-double-rightIncludes 7” rubber all-terrain wheels for easy movement
- angle-double-rightNo assembly required, all you’ve got to do is unfold it and you’re good to go
- angle-double-rightThough convenient, it’s kinda bulky and may take some time getting used to it
Major Considerations For The Best Beach Carts
Now that we’re done with the reviews, how about we take a look at some of the key things you ought to take into account if you’re really after getting the best?
Here’s what you should keep in mind.
The carrying space
We all intend to have a good time out on the beach, right? Well, the last thing you want is a situation where you’ve got to leave one accessory at home in the expense of another due to limited carrying space, right?
Here’s what you should pay attention to when it comes to the carrying space:
- First off, consider how many of you will be going out on the beach, the rule of thumb here is quite simple- the greater the crowd, the larger the cart should be.
- Still, at the size, pay attention to the number of pockets it’s got. If you’re intending to spend a lot of time at the beach then you should make sure it’s got enough space for everything ranging from consumables to clothes.
How Easy Will It Be For You To Get It Clean?
You’ll be out in the beach with it and it’s difficult to keep it from getting dirty, right? With that in mind, the best each cart for sand would be one that’s easy to clean up.
The easier it is for it to be sparkling clean, the better a beach cart it is.
- First off, the fabric should be breathable. This basically means that it should not take too long to dry up and you’ll be stuck at home waiting for it to be dry rather than having a good time at the beach.
- Secondly, the fabric should be able to let the dust and sand off of it easily, there shouldn’t be a lot of scrubbing before you get to have it sparkling clean and ready or yet another day out in the beach
Durability- does it really have what it takes?
You should basically take into account the type and number of gear you’ll be carrying in your teach cart. Most preferably, go for something that will allow you to carry heavy gear such as coolers or umbrellas without threatening to come apart
Ease of assembly
For the assembly, you want something that should be ready for the beach in as little time as possible. You should be able to easily separate the parts and store them up among your other luggage without much of a fuss.
The same should also go for assembling it whenever you need to.
You should watch out for any flimsy parts; the ease of assembly should not sacrifice the durability of the beach cart.
Compactness: will it be difficult to store away?
Picking up from our previous point, once you’re done disassembling the beach cart, it should be in such a way that it can be packed up easily and consume as little space as possible.
This should be the top priority for you especially if you intend to try out different beaches.
How to Assemble a Beach Cart
Different brands may come with different ways in which they can be put together, nonetheless, here’s basically what you should do when you get your hands on yours.
- You’d first want to start with the steering mechanism and the front axle. First, insert the wheel axle via the body of the frame.
- Once this is done, add one wheel to the axle. The wheel may have an inbuilt locking clip or one that you may be needed to secure manually. Do the same for the other wheel until you hear the automatic clip or have it to point that you can lock it with a cotter pin to prevent them from falling out.
- Depending on the brand you settle for, the front wheels may come separately whereby you’ll have to install either of them just as you did for the back wheels. Alternatively, they may come as a single joint unit that you’ll easily be able to fit into place.
- Assembling the wheels is basically the hard part. Once this is done, you can open up your cart, set up the umbrella holder and the mesh bag with ease ready to start your day at the beach.
Some of the accessories you may need include:
- A star screwdriver
- A hammer
- A pair of pliers
- Wrenches (the size should be specified on the manual)
Our final take
My recommendation for an all-around beach cart would be the Tommy Bahama All Terrain Beach Cart whereas I’d recommend the Mac Sports Heavy Duty Collapsible Folding All Terrain Utility Beach Wagon Cart, Blue/White for anyone who’s looking to pack heavy.
I couldn’t emphasize more on this:
Getting the best is no easy task and you should really take your time in shopping for one if you want to get a bang for your buck. Have a look at both our buying guide and comparison chart to get you started.
Most importantly, maintenance should be observed- from setting your beach cart up to using it.