Is it worth it to have the best backpacking pillow in your camping set? Find out the answer for yourself!
Having an overall sense of adventure is always a good thing. In fact, your personality ratings will skyrocket once you introduce yourself as a potent adventure.
For this reason, campers are looking for additional gear not only for the safety factor but also to maintain a fair amount of comfort. So, such camping or hiking gears have proven to be effective in various camping or traveling scenarios.
For this reason, we bring you some of the most affordable backpacking pillows currently available to help you out on your next camping trip.
Backpacking pillows have become a necessary item for most campers these days. So, if you feel the urge to bask in the mellow light of the moon or observe the skies at night, then a backpacking pillow can be your best friend.
So, for the best possible experience, you should consider reading our review on the best backpacking pillow.
In our review, we will try and provide the best possible highlight for each of the prominent contenders we have found during our research. In the end, the decision is up to you to make the right choice.
So, let us begin.
Table of Contents
- Comparison on 10 Best Backpacking Pillows
- 10 Best Backpacking Pillows In 2019 Reviews
- 1. Trekology Ultralight Inflating Travel/Camping Pillows
- 2. Therm-a-Rest Compressible Travel Pillow
- 3. Teton Sports Camp Pillow
- 4. Camping and Travel Pillow with Bamboo Derived from Coop Home Goods
- 5. Moon Lence Inflatable Pillow Ultralight Camping/Travel Pillow
- 6. Klymit Pillow X Inflatable Camp & Travel Pillow
- 7. Trekology Self Inflating Camping / Lumbar Pillows
- 8. Rugged Camp Camping Pillow – Ultralight Inflatable Travel Pillows
- 9. Inflatable Camping Pillow by TheSuitedNomad
- 10. TheBigBlueMtn Ultralight Backpacking Inflatable Camping Pillow
- Getting a Backpacking pillows to enjoy the travels? Here are a few tips to consider
Comparison on 10 Best Backpacking Pillows
10 Best Backpacking Pillows In 2019 Reviews
It is obviously hard to allocate a product for the top spot, as the options are so vast nowadays. But, despite all the confusion, we can confidently recommend the inflatable camping pillow from Trekology, which should make all your relaxation problems go away.
The first and most eye-catching feature of this inflatable pillow is the minimal footprint. It comes at a scintillating weight of only 78-grams, which can’t even match the weight of a bottled soda can. Also, when uninflated, it only occupies a 5×2-inch spacing, which is clearly one of the best things about it.
Then you have the superior design aspect to consider as well. The pillow has an ergonomic design, which allows your neck and back to be in a comfortable position. Also, the high-quality TPU material offers a fair amount of resistance from water. Moreover, the non-slip characteristics of the material will allow your head to be comfortable at all times.
Finally, the overall usability is satisfactory. The pillow requires only 3-5 breaths to reach its full size and potential. Similarly, the Quick-Deflate feature allows it to be shrunk to its usual travel capacity at a moments notice.
In the end, if you are looking for the best all-around backpackable pillow, then you may want to check it out. Considering all the features and price point, it should certainly be a decent travel gear.
- angle-double-rightComes with a very small footprint
- angle-double-rightThe heavy-duty and light-weight material offers superior usability
- angle-double-rightErgonomic design offers excellent neck and lumbar support
- angle-double-rightFirmness adjustment is a huge plus
- angle-double-rightCleaning is easy enough
- angle-double-rightEase-of-use is highly satisfactory
- angle-double-rightIt may feel a bit stiff at times
The compressible pillow from Therm-a-Rest features a unique set of designs with a special emphasis on comfort. For some time now, the vendors have come up with some unique traveling pillows, which are both comfortable and family-friendly at the same time.
So, what’s so special about it?
First of all, the overall footprint of the pillow is good enough for traveling purposes. The compressibility is right on par with some of the premium products out there. In fact, the soft foam material inside won’t be a problem while you are on the road or on a camping trip.
Secondly, the brushed polyester cover paired with a light urethane filling not only offer decent support, but the overall production cost also comes down by a fair bit because of the overall manufacturing process.
Finally, using the product offers a decent amount of satisfaction. It is light, but sturdy against rough usage. Also, if you are planning on a camping trip with your family, then this one might be the best backpacking pillow for side sleepers as well.
- angle-double-rightIt has a compressible design with a small footprint
- angle-double-rightIt’s lightweight and robust
- angle-double-rightThe comfort levels are decent
- angle-double-rightThe overall experience is trustworthy as well
- angle-double-rightComes with approval to use with a washing machine
- angle-double-rightIf you sweat too much, then you may face some issues with the pillow covering
We have come up with the Teton Sports Camp Pillow after doing some tough digging through the marketplace. The features are right on point. And for the price, you shouldn’t expect anything more from it.
Here are the most talking features.
The makers at Teton didn’t go with anything fancy when it comes to the overall design. So, what’s the point here?
The brushed P5 material paired with the brushed flannel outer shell does feel soft on the skin. So, relaxing on a long trip shouldn’t be a problem.
But, is that all?
Apparently, if you are looking for comfort while traveling, then this pillow can offer it. The comfort levels should be more than enough for most users. As a matter of fact, they claim it is the best backpacking pillow for your neck and back, which is a pretty bold statement!
So far, while taking a taste of this compressible design, we did find their claims to be true to a certain point. But your personal preference may vary. In general, it does a good job of supporting your neck and back. Moreover, it is washing machine approved, which is nice.
In conclusion, if you are looking for the bare essential features in a backpacking pillow, then you should probably look no further. You won’t regret your decision ones you feel the contentment it can offer.
- angle-double-rightFeatures a compressible design
- angle-double-rightEasy to store while traveling because of the stuff sack
- angle-double-rightOffers superior comfort
- angle-double-rightApproved for use with a washing machine
- angle-double-rightThe filling may feel too thick for some users
Finding the best backpacking pillow with the combination of the best features is a tough job indeed!
But, our efforts helped us to find the Camping and Traveling Pillow from Coop Home Goods. Now, here’s what makes it so special.
As you may know already, there is nothing absolutely impeccable. In fact, we consider something to be ‘the best’ only when our minds are at ease. Well, the same goes for this backpacking pillow.
From the overall design to the comfort provided, everything is right on point. In fact, the minimalistic design also complements the entire package as well. Moreover, the stuff sack feels premium and allows additional storage space whenever you need it.
The adjustability of this pillow is something to take into account. You can make all the necessary adjustments to your heart’s desire. Also, the bamboo-derived Viscose Rayon and Polyester blend cover allow natural thermal regulation, making sure that you can relax in a cool and commendable way.
Finally, this is as close as we can get towards the perfect blend of comfort and contentment. The machine washer approved pillow could become your new best friend while traveling. You may also take it as the best backpacking pillow for stomach sleepers, mostly because of the adjustability.
- angle-double-rightSimple design and easy to carry
- angle-double-rightThe foam lets you adjust to a suitable position
- angle-double-rightSuitable for various sleeping positions
- angle-double-rightWashing machine approved
- angle-double-rightAdjustable foam paired with a natural thermoregulation offers a decent user experience
- angle-double-rightDoesn’t come with a pillow cover
If you are looking for the best backpacking pillow, then you may want to have a look at a product from the folks at Moon Lence.
The inflatable pillow from Moon Lence comes with a very small footprint. As a matter of fact, at a non-inflated position, it will only take about 5×2-inches of your space. Moreover, the 78-gram weight offers the appropriate amount of flexibility when you are on the move.
Then you have the non-slip material on the cover the pillow, offering an ample decency. The TPU material does feel high quality and offers a decent amount of safety from air leaks.
When it comes to the comfort level, this pillow does offer a tolerable performance. The tapered design offers overall comfort for your neck and lumbar regions. Also, the ergonomic design allows it to be the best companion of any type of sleeper.
In short, having a backpacking pillow which is easily inflatable (requires only 3-5 breaths) and offers such level of comfort is never easy to get your hands on. So, be sure to check it out.
- angle-double-rightWeighs less than a can of soda, which helps a lot while traveling
- angle-double-rightSmall non-inflated form features a robust outer cover
- angle-double-rightInflation and deflation take very little time due to the 2-way valve design
- angle-double-rightOverall comfort levels are satisfactory
- angle-double-rightThe small footprint may not be satisfactory for some users
The Klymit Inflatable Camp and Travel Pillow have a distinct design language. But, in spite of the different design language, there are some distinct advantages to using this product as well.
As we mentioned, the design is not really something you may be familiar with. The inflatable pillow has 4-sides when it’s in inflated form, allowing several users to use it at the same time. So, you can take it as a nice option for side sleepers if you wish. But do keep in mind, space is minimal. So, you may want to explore your options.
Other than that, the X-shaped design offers superior comfort and stability while camping. In fact, the adjustability option allows you to deflate the pillow to whichever setting you want, making it a comfortable and recommended option for many travelers.
In short, this inflatable pillow should be a proper choice for you if you are looking for something distinctive. Also, in case of ruggedness, you can rely on it completely. The pillow is pretty much against tear and puncture. So, you can safely take it for camping without any worries.
- angle-double-rightComfort levels are decent
- angle-double-rightThe pillow is light and durable, offers good usability
- angle-double-rightFirmness is adjustable to maximize comfort
- angle-double-rightTakes up very less space
- angle-double-rightThe grip doesn’t seem to be up to the point
- angle-double-rightThe design may prove to be uncomfortable if you are not used to something like this
Trekology does offer some exceptional travel gear which is trustworthy for any user. Their Self Inflating Camping Pillow is no different. It is an all-around backpacking pillow which will be able to cover all your basic travel needs.
First of all, the design will certainly be a compliment to campers, as it provides admirable support for your neck and shoulders. In addition, you are getting the assurance from the manufactures that, whatever your sleeping position may be, you will be comfortable at all times.
Also, when it comes to this pillow, the durability is on point. It does feature water-resistance. Also, the rugged material allows the user to have that overall satisfaction as well. Also, the pillow is compact and lightweight. At 11×4.5-inches (deflated) with a weight of around 300-grams, it is really hard to argue about the usability.
Then the air valve allows for quick inflation and deflation as well, which is nice. In short, if you are looking for a pillow which can offer convenience and comfort, then you may want to have it on your shopping list and check it out for yourself.
- angle-double-rightFeatures a lightweight and durable material
- angle-double-rightCapable of ensuring comfort in various sleeping positions
- angle-double-rightInflation and deflation are easy
- angle-double-rightCompact enough for travel purposes
- angle-double-rightCleaning is also easy because of the material choice
- angle-double-rightLong-term users may not find it to be particularly useful
The camping pillow from FamilyTool is a great budget-oriented option for travelers.
The reasons behind it are simple.
First, as like all the premium products out there, you get the overall comfort while traveling. The pillow offers a respectable amount of support for your neck and back. Also, the ergonomic design offers decent support, considering the overall price point.
Next, the pillow features a water-resistant and puncture-proof design. The knitted cotton material holds up nicely against rugged use. Also, the 78-gram weight is pretty comparable to some of the other competitive products out there. In addition, the no-slip design allows you additional convenience while resting.
Finally, they do include a pocket survival multi-tool for your convenience. It may be useful for various camping needs.
In short, if you are in the market for the best backpacking pillow, then you should certainly consider checking it out for yourself.
- angle-double-rightOffers a respectable amount of comfort
- angle-double-rightFeatures a compact and lightweight design
- angle-double-rightRugged pillow for camping and traveling
- angle-double-rightComes included with a traveling multi-tool
- angle-double-rightSome users may face issues with longevity
TheSuitedNomad is a strange name for a manufacturer!
But their products are not strange at all. In fact, the Inflatable Camping Pillow from TheSuitedNomad offers a lot more than the price tag it holds.
As always, the design, like many other decent and reliable products, offers a nice amount of usability and flexibility. The ergonomic design allows the user to have the optimum comfort in spite of the sleeping position. In addition, having a rugged, no-slip material is always a welcome and necessary addition.
Next, you have a small-sized inflatable pillow which comes with a drawstring for safe and convenient carrying purposes. Also, the double-decked air valve offers quick inflation and deflation, making your camping trip free from any additional hassle.
Finally, the addition of a carabineer is certainly an added bonus. Strong and sturdy, this added accessory allows you to hang your items securely off the ground.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a cheap yet sturdy pillow to take you on your camping trip, then we would highly urge you to consider this option. Considering the price tag, you are not missing out on any of the necessary features. So, make a note on your shopping list to have a look at this multi-purpose item.
- angle-double-rightErgonomic design offers a respectable amount of flexibility and comfort
- angle-double-rightFeatures and rugged outlook with a no-slip design
- angle-double-rightInflation and deflation are smooth and quick
- angle-double-rightComes with an included accessory
- angle-double-rightThe valve could use some work
The Big Blue Mtn Camping pillow does come with a few interesting tricks up its sleeve.
When it comes to the overall design, you should probably be okay with what you are getting. The ergonomic design feels nice and comfy. Also, it does have support for your lower back, which is nice. While compressed, it takes only around 5×2.5-inches of space. Moreover, the less-than-80-gram design is fairly easy to travel around with.
Apart from that, the soft polyester material feels both sturdy and premium at the same time. Also, the no-slip design allows you to worry less about your sleeping position.
Then you have the 2-layer 1-way valve technology, which allows you to inflate the pillow within 2-5 breaths. Also, the lower layer helps with easy deflation. So, inflation and deflation shouldn’t be an issue.
Finally, we would advise you to check out the full features for your convenience. Because of the overall design and price point, it may become your best travel companion one day.
- angle-double-rightStorage and traveling feel easy
- angle-double-rightFlexible design offers a good amount of comfort
- angle-double-rightInflation is easier than some of the top-rated brands
- angle-double-rightIt is a pillow which is suitable for multiple occasions
- angle-double-rightThe pillow may lose its structure over time
- angle-double-rightList Element
Getting a Backpacking pillows to enjoy the travels? Here are a few tips to consider
Having the best backpacking pillow in your camping arsenal shouldn’t be an issue for you.
We have already discussed the fact that there are a large number of brands out there. As a matter of fact, finding the correct product is often mind-boggling, only because of the number of choices you have.
And for this reason, it is very easy to lose your money buying something which is not right for you at all.
So, before spending your hard-earned cash, make sure to follow some of the rules we have come up with. They may seem obvious at first, but things like these are pretty easy to forget. And we can assure you this, once you take these steps accordingly, you won’t be framed.
Knowing the types: get to know what you need
It is prudent that you know the type of pillow you are buying. There are certain aspects of such backpacking pillow which may make them suitable for particular scenarios. So, for the sake of convenience, here are the 3-major types of pillows which you should know about.
The term ‘Compressible’ should be self-explanatory.
But there’s more.
A compressible backpacking pillow features somewhat similar features to what you may be using at your home. But the differentiating factor is the inside foam material, which may be different.
Compressible pillows can have a firm surface because of the synthetic filling. But some manufacturers have found a way to help make the pillow even more comfortable by adjusting the foam position inside. Comfort shouldn’t be an issue with these pillows.
The only downside to such designs is the weight and pricing. These pillows tend to be on the pricier side. Also, the take up more space. So, do consider your options.
Inflatable pillows use air to make a cushioning surface for your head and neck.
These types are pillows are inexpensive compared to the compressible ones. In addition, they are extremely lightweight and can fit in your palms very easily. Also, modern designs are ergonomic and offer superior comfort than their predecessors.
But still, the comfort levels are not the same compared to the compressible pillows. Also, their durability may become a concern in near future. But for light traveling arrangements, these types of pillows have very little competition.
Hybrid pillows are a mix of inflatable and compressible pillows.
These types of pillows offer a great balance between comfort and convenience. They are a bit weighty than the inflatable options. But the weight limits are low compared to the compressible ones.
These types of pillows offer both features of an inflatable and a compressible pillow. The weight does offer more comfort. But it reduces your chances of traveling lightweight.
What are you comfortable with?
By this question, we mean what shape you prefer.
If you don’t have any previous experience with the various pillow design and shapes, then our suggestion would be to try out the different shapes. But switching from your comfort level (your preferred pillow shape) isn’t a good idea.
Also, make sure to check out the size as well. As always, our suggestion would be for you is not to divert from your preferred comfort levels. We are saying this because there may be long-term effects if you meddle with your comfort levels.
Filling and fabric: choosing the correct combination
It depends on your personal preference as well.
When it comes to the fabric, make sure to check them out with proper scrutiny (use caution). If you are allergic to something, it is better to know it before making a purchase. Also, make sure you are comfortable with it.
The filling inside is an important concern as well. Making sure the inside filling isn’t too uncomfortable is a serious factor to consider.
Sleeping habits matter
Your sleeping habits matter a lot!
In fact, many manufacturers do state clearly that they can support all types of sleeping position (apparently, there’s a standard). Going with such options would be better. But do check it with the manufacturer first.
In the end, our only advice would be for you is this.
Never take your personal comfort lightly. In such cases, where you require the best backpacking pillow, you may want to consider all your options. In fact, having a chat with the manufacturers is always a good option.
We have tried our best to tell you how to make the best decision. So, we would recommend you to make the most out of the steps we told you to take.